LEGEND HOBBY 1/6 SCALE 82.5″ T-28B TROJAN RED/WHITE ARF
LEGEND HOBBY 1/6 SCALE T-28B TROJAN 82.5″ WINGSPAN ARF ARRIVING SUMMER 2023!
FINAL EARLY BIRD SPECIAL FOR PRE-ORDERS UNTIL JUNE 30, 2023! AFTER JUNE 30, 2023 PRICE WILL INCREASE!
ESTIMATED ARRIVAL LATE AUG/SEPT 2023
Pre-Order / Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before pre-ordering:
- We are accepting pre-orders for the LEGEND HOBBY 1/6 SCALE 82.5″ T-28B TROJAN RED/WHITE ARF. The models and accessories are leaving the factory at the end of July and estimated arrival is End of August/Sept 2023. Any changes to the ETA will be posted here.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive a LEGEND HOBBY 1/6 SCALE 82.5″ T-28B TROJAN RED/WHITE ARF from this shipment. The next shipment won’t arrive until Early 2024, so order now to avoid disappointment!
- In order to reserve your LEGEND HOBBY 1/6 SCALE 82.5″ T-28B TROJAN RED/WHITE ARF, your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
*****Photos shown of Pre-Production T-28B with Stinger 40cc Engine, Scale Exhaust, Smoke System, 10″ Pilot Figures, Sierra Landing Gear/Scale Wheel Set, Custom Panel Line/Light Weathering AirBrush and LED Light Set from Daves Custom R/C*****
T-28 TROJAN HISTORY:
When the United States Air Force set out to replace its aging T-6 Texan trainers, North American was hired to complete the task. What they presented was the Model NA-159 piston-engine trainer; a design that was so successful that it was responsible for gaining a contract for two XT-28 prototypes. After an evaluation of these prototypes and an initial flight on September 26, 1949, the Air Force was so impressed that it ordered production to begin on the newly designated T-28A.
The Trojan, as it became known, had a frameless canopy and a Wright R-1300 engine that, when combined, gave it a top speed that often exceeded 280 mph. First orders of 266 planes in 1950 eventually grew to 1,194. After it became evident that the Air Force had found a very successful design, the United Sates Navy and Marine Corps adopted it as well. Two years later, 489 standardized versions (T-28Bs) were ordered by the Navy, mainly differing from the T-28A in its use of the more-powerful Wright R-1820-86 engine. Following this, 299 T-28Cs were produced, which were fitted with an arrester gear for carrier-deck landing training.
In 1962, North American began supplying T-28Ds for the counter-insurgency role. Six underwing hard-points were added in order for the aircraft to accept a variety of weapons. The T-28 saw action in both Southeast Asia and North Africa. The attack trainer version of the T-28D was called the AT-28D. France’s Sud-Aviation converted over 240 T-28Ds into Fennecs and used them as replacements for their Algerian-based T-6s. Fennecs performed admirably in the close-support, reconnaissance and patrol roles.
The T-28’s service career, though long, was finally ended by the introduction of the T-34 turboprop trainer, but the T-28 lives on as one of the most popular piston-powered warbirds in the USA, as well as several other countries. LEGEND HOBBY now brings you a highly scale, great flying T-28 Trojan that you can easily assemble and turn heads at airfields across the country! This is one T-28 with no equal in the all wood and composite ARF class for wingspans under 99″! No other ARF T-28 has all the scale features that our T-28 brings you! FLY A LEGEND HOBBY T-28 & KEEP ‘EM FLYING!
- -Fully Built Up Balsa Wood/Aircraft Plywood/Plywood Airframe
- -Fiberglass Cowling and trim parts of plastic and fiberglass
- -Fully built up and fully sheeted airframe covered with iron on type covering with glossy finish
- -Decal Set Included but not applied, allowing customer to apply preferred final markings!
- -Sliding Canopy with Scale Cockpit Details all designed in a large removable top hatch
- -Extra Large Removable Top Hatch allows access to fuel tank/flight batteries, radio gear and more
- -Scale Inner and Outer 2-Piece Gear doors, Nose Gear Doors
- -Retractable Nose and Main Gear placed in Scale Location
- -Scale 2 piece Outer Gear doors and Inner Gear Doors
- -Functional Servo Operated Speed Brake Included
- -SIERRA PRECISION PNEUMATIC RETRACTS & JP ELECTRIC RETRACTS AVAILABLE!
- -SCALE WHEEL SET WITH AND WITHOUT BRAKES AVAILABLE!
- -SCALE SCALE PILOT FIGURES AVAILABLE WITH AND WITHOUT SERVO OPERATED MOVING HEADS
- -SCALE FUNCTIONAL EXHAUST FOR THE RECOMMENDED STINGER 40cc TWIN GAS ENGINE AVAILABLE
- -100% Laser cut wooden parts
- – Also includes: servo trays, engine mount, fuel tank, decals and all hardware.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- 1/6 Scale
- Wing Span: 82.5″ IMAA LEGAL !!!
- Wing Area approx 1086 square inches
- Length: TBA
- Flying Weight: Approx 20-23 lbs
- Radio: 6-12+ channels with 9+ Servos Depending on your custom/preferred set up ( Throttle, Choke if using Gas/Glow Engine, 2-Elevator, 1-2 Rudder/Nose Steering, 2-Ailerons, 2-Flaps, 1 Speed Brake, 1 Landing Gear if Pneumatic, 2-3 Mini Servos For Gear Doors)
- Recommended Gas Engine: Stinger 40cc Twin with Scale T-28 Custom Mufflers or Electric Equivalent
- Note: Customer may choose to use other 35cc-50cc Gas Engines but will need to shorten nose strut and move retract back to clear Engine Cylinder Head. We designed this model around the Stinger 40cc Twin Gas Engine or Electric Motors to preserve the scale gear stance and have Scale Functional Exhaust.
- Cowling Diameter Approx 9.25 Inches
- Does not include: retractable landing gear, scale wheels, radio, engine/motor, mufflers, adhesives, pilot figures, or fuel line
VIDEOS: LEGEND HOBBY T-28B TEASER VIDEO:
LEGEND HOBBY T-28 SPEED BRAKE/AIR BRAKE :
What would you like to know about this product?