LEGEND HOBBY DELUXE 86″ A-1 SKYRAIDER GREY/WHITE US NAVY
ALL NEW FOR 2020-LEGEND HOBBY PRESENTS THE NEW:
DELUXE 86″ A-1 SKYRAIDER in GREY/WHITE US NAVY SCHEME
Pre-Order / Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before pre-ordering:
- We are accepting pre-orders for the LEGEND HOBBY DELUXE 86″ A-1 SKYRAIDER GREY/WHITE US NAVY. The models are leaving the factory at the end of July! Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive an aircraft from this container shipment. The next shipment won’t be until Fall of 2020, so order now to avoid disappointment!
- In order to reserve your LEGEND HOBBY DELUXE 86″ A-1 SKYRAIDER GREY/WHITE US NAVY MODEL, Your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
LEGEND HOBBY DELUXE A-1 SKYRAIDER “GREY/WHITE US NAVY SCHEME” ***NEW FOR 2020!***
Specific Aircraft History:
The A-1 Skyraider was initially developed during WWII to perform as a carrier based long-range torpedo/dive bomber. It missed the second world war by a few months, but quickly proved itself as a reliable performer, capable of carrying a tremendous amount of ordanance on seven hardpoints on each wing, while maintaining excellent low speed manueverability. It could loiter on target for much longer periods than faster aircraft and deliver its substantial load of ordanance with greater precision.
These design characteristics resulted in it seeing substantial combat in Korea, and later in Vietnam, where it proved extremely beneficial. Although the USN and USMC were beginning to phase out the Skyraider in favour of the A-6 Intruder, it continued to see substantial service, with many being transferred to the USAF where they were used in a close support role, particularly with the Air Rescue and Recovery Service where they protected downed pilots until HH-3 Jolly Green Giants were able to extract them to safety. It also saved the lives of hundreds of servicemen who were facing imminent harm, thanks to its ability to deliver ordanance in close proximity to ground forces. At least two USAF pilots recieved the Congressional Medal of Honour for actions they undertook while flying the Skyraider.
This Model’s Color Scheme and Markings is in the livery of VA 176, Thunderbolts, who while operating A-1H Skyraiders from the carrier USS INTREPID over Vietnam in a RESCAP mission, engaged a flight of 4 Mig-17 jets, and scored one confirmed kill, one probable kill and damaged a third, forcing the Migs to retreat from the area. Part of the reason for the success was that the engagement occurred at very low level, in an area covered by high hills. This allowed the Skyraiders to use their low speed maneuverability to their advantage.
- -All wood construction utilized throughout airframe including the fuselage, wings, tail and control surfaces
- -Fully Sheeted Airframe including Wing and Tail
- -Factory applied iron on film in US NAVY GREY/WHITE Color Pattern
- -Full rocket ordnance with pylons and (12) rockets (Included With Deluxe Model)
- -Full set of (3) large releasable drop tanks on pylons (Included With Deluxe Model)
- (Optional Release Mechanisms For 3 Drop Tanks/Pylons Available Here!)
- -Full Scale Cockpit Kit included
- -Gear Doors Included
- -Radial Engine Cover included
- -Ventral side Antennas included
- -Large Fuselage Access Hatch for easy fueling, battery changes and/or hidden switch mounting out of sight
- -3 Piece Wing For Easy Transport on Main Gear and Storage
- -Functional Flaps
- –Decal sheet included But Not Applied Allowing Buyer to Apply Favorite Skyraider Markings
- -Illustrated instruction manual
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -Scale A-1 Skyraider Aluminum Wheels Are Available/Optional
- –Scale Landing Gear with A-1 Skyraider Tail Retract in Both Electric & Pneumatic Are Available/Optional
- –Scale Pilot figure with servo operated head and without servo operated head is Available/Optional
- Wing Span: Approx 86″
- Length: Approx
- Wing Area: square inches
- Cowl Diameter: approx
- Weight: Fully Equipped with All Rockets, Drop Tanks, Bomb, Pilot Figure 28.5 lbs-29.75 lbs
- Engine: 35cc Gas-60cc Gas or Electric Equivalent
*** Please note photos show LEGEND HOBBY 86″ Demo/Pre-Pr0duction A-1 Skyraider with optional , scale wheels, scale retracts, scale pilot figure which are not included with model.*** The (12) Rockets on pylons and the (3) piece drop tanks are included with this Deluxe Model!!!
VIDEOS:[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
What would you like to know about this product?