LEGEND HOBBY DELUXE 86″ AD-5 / A-1E SKYRAIDER UNCOVERED A.R.C.
Frequently Bought Together
- This item: LEGEND HOBBY DELUXE 86" AD-5 / A-1E SKYRAIDER UNCOVERED A.R.C.(
- A-1 Pilot For Legend Hobby 86" SKYRAIDER($94.95)
- A-1 Pilot With Servo Operated Head For Legend Hobby 86" SKYRAIDER($134.95)
- EME 60($369.00)
- Hitec D645MW Wide Voltage Super Torque Digital Metal Gear Servo(
- Hitec HS-645MG High Torque Metal Gear Servo(
- LEGEND HOBBY 86" A-1 SKYRAIDER Scale Wheels w/ Electric Landing Gear Combo by Robart(
- LEGEND HOBBY 86" A-1 SKYRAIDER Scale Wheels w/Pneumatic "Air" Landing Gear Combo by Robart(
- LEGEND HOBBY HD PAYLOAD RELEASE MECHANISM($35.95)
- Scorpion SII-5535-160KV - 50cc Gas Equivalent (12s)($439.95)
DELUXE 86″ AD-5 / A-1E SKYRAIDER
UNCOVERED A.R.C. (Almost Ready To Cover)
LEGEND HOBBY DELUXE AD-5/A-1E SKYRAIDER UNCOVERED A.R.C.
The A-1 Skyraider was initially developed during WWII to perform as a carrier based long-range torpedo/dive bomber. It missed the second world war by a few months, but quickly proved itself as a reliable performer, capable of carrying a tremendous amount of ordanance on seven hardpoints on each wing, while maintaining excellent low speed manueverability. It could loiter on target for much longer periods than faster aircraft and deliver its substantial load of ordanance with greater precision.
These design characteristics resulted in it seeing substantial combat in Korea, and later in Vietnam, where it proved extremely beneficial. The Douglas AD-5 Skyraider was designed as a two-place, single-engine, antisubmarine warfare aircraft. A low-wing monoplane with conventional landing gear, it has folding wings for storage aboard aircraft carriers. With two pilots seated side-by-side, the AD-5’s fuselage is both wider and longer than earlier AD-series aircraft. Two ASW mission specialists were seated in the aft cabin. In 1962, the AD-5 was re-designated A-1E.
Although the USN and USMC were beginning to phase out the Skyraider in favour of the A-6 Intruder, it continued to see substantial service, with many being transferred to the USAF where they were used in a close support role, particularly with the Air Rescue and Recovery Service where they protected downed pilots until HH-3 Jolly Green Giants were able to extract them to safety. It also saved the lives of hundreds of servicemen who were facing imminent harm, thanks to its ability to deliver ordanance in close proximity to ground forces. At least two USAF pilots recieved the Congressional Medal of Honour for actions they undertook while flying the Skyraider.
- -All wood construction utilized throughout airframe including the fuselage, wings, tail and control surfaces
- -Fully Sheeted Airframe including Wing and Tail
- -Uncovered almost ready to finish in your favorite covering, color scheme or fiberglass , detail and finish with this beautifully handcrafted all wood blank canvas!
- -Full rocket ordnance with pylons and (12) rockets (Included With Deluxe Model)
- -Full set of (3) large releasable drop tanks on pylons (Included With Deluxe Model)
- (Optional Legend Hobby Release Mechanisms For 3 Drop Tanks/Pylons Available Here!)
- -Full Scale Cockpit Kit included
- -Gear Doors Included
- -Radial Engine Cover included
- -Ventral side Antennas included
- -Large Fuselage Access Hatch for easy fueling, battery changes and/or hidden switch mounting out of sight
- -3 Piece Wing For Easy Transport on Main Gear and Storage
- -Functional Flaps
- -Decal sheet included But Not Applied Allowing Buyer to Apply Favorite Skyraider Markings
- -Illustrated instruction manual
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -Factory applied iron on film in SouthEast Asia Camo, Gray/White NAVY Scheme, and Engine Gray/Yellow Wings VA-35 Black Panthers are also available
- -Scale A-1 Skyraider Aluminum Wheels Are Available/Optional
- –Scale Landing Gear with A-1 Skyraider Tail Retract in Both Electric & Pneumatic Are Available/Optional
- –Scale Pilot figure with servo operated head and without servo operated head is Available/Optional
- Wing Span: Approx 86″
- Length: Approx
- Wing Area: square inches
- Cowl Diameter: approx 8-1/2″
- Weight: Fully Equipped with All Rockets, Drop Tanks, Bomb, Pilot Figure 28.5 lbs-29.75 lbs
- Engine: 35cc Gas-60cc Gas or Electric Equivalent Such as the awesome SCORPION SII-5535-160KV MOTOR!
*** Please note photos show LEGEND MODELS DELUXE 86″ Demo/Pre-Production AD-5/A-1E Skyraider with optional , scale wheels, scale retracts, scale pilot figures which are not included with model.*** The (12) Rockets on pylons and the (3) fiberglass center drop tanks are included with the Deluxe Model!!!
What would you like to know about this product?