SEAGULL MODELS 1/3 Scale Morane Saulnier AI UNCOVERED (ARC) 40-60cc – SEA 358
SEAGULL MODELS 1/3 Scale Morane Saulnier AI UNCOVERED (ARC-Almost Ready To Cover)
SEA358 40-60CC 103″ Wingspan
1/3 Scale Morane-Saulnier AI UNCOVERD/ARC MODEL 40-60cc – SEA 358
he MS AI was the first aircraft to be fitted with a fixed forward firing machine gun, the world’s first fighter, which fired the weapon through the arc of the propeller. It was also one of the world’s first bombers During the first half of 1917, Robert and Leon Morane, and Raymond Saulnier presented their newest fighter aircraft, the Morane Saulnier AI to the French military for review. It was favorably accepted by the French, and as many as 1,210 were produced. It entered service early in 1918 and the new fighter was popular with its pilots, who liked its speed and maneuverability Despite the fact that the Morane’s flight characteristics were well liked by many pilots, the duration of its active combat service was limited to a mere three months. It was withdrawn from combat as a result of unproven but alleged structural failures and reliability problems with the 160 hp Gnome engine. Many remaining aircraft of this type were refitted with smaller, more reliable powerplants and used as advanced trainers for the duration of the war, and post WWI as well.
Famed aviator Charles Nungesser was known to demonstrate his aerobatic skills to the public with his own personal M.S. AI after the war. In 1919, Lt. Temple Joyce became the world’s champion “looper”, completing 300 consecutive loops with his AI. One year later the record was raised to 1,111 consecutive loops performed by Alfred Fronval in his AI. Successful exhibition flying of this type seems to contradict the question of the aircraft’s lack of structural integrity and raise to question just what caused its early issues and true departure from combat duty. The MS AI was used in large numbers by the French. Fifty one were purchased by the US Air Service in France, and were used at their training base at Issoudun. After the war three were sold to Belgium, while single aircraft went to Japan, Switzerland and the Soviet Union.
Seagull Models brings you the historic Morane-Saulnier A-1 in a large 103″ wingspan model giving this giant scale plane flight characteristics similar to its full-scale counterpart! With great details and this awesome finish this model is sure to turn heads wherever you take it! Order your A-1 today and start your own WWI dawn patrol adventure!
• Wing Span: 103 inches
• Wing Area: 1900 sq. in.
• Wing Loading: 30-36 oz./sq. ft.
• Flying Weight: 25-30 lbs.
• Fuselage Length: 68 inches
• Height: 30 1/2 inches
• Engine Size: 40-60 cc Gasoline
* Large 103″ wingspan scale model of the famous Morane-Saulnier A-1
* Strong, yet lightweight design, good for scale and aerobatic flying just like the full scale aircraft
* Plug-in 3 piece wing with fast-connect struts make it easy to transport and fast to assemble
* Scale cockpit is included for added authenticity
* Uncovered Wood Airframe , very minor prep work to add your favorite final fabric or iron on mylar type covering
* Scale landing gear with 1/3 Scale Vintage Wheels and scale Gun kit are all included
* Scale painted wing cabane struts
* Unpainted fiberglass cowl
* Quality hardware included
* Scale tail Wheel Assembly
*Fly with Your Favorite 40-60cc Gas Engine, or Electric Equivalent. We recommend our RCGF USA 40cc Twin Stinger and RCGF USA 52cc Twin Stinger Engines for a real scale flight envelope,,, If at higher altitudes we recommend the RCGF USA 52cc Twin Stinger or our EME 60 with or without Auto Start!
ITEM CODE : SEA358
What would you like to know about this product?