SEAGULL MODELS P-26A PEASHOOTER OLIVE GREEN- SEA305G
Frequently Bought Together
PRE-ORDERS BEING ACCEPTED NOW!
94th PURSUIT SQUADRON
30cc 71″ – SEA305G
Pre-Order / Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before pre-ordering:
- We are accepting pre-orders for the SEAGULL MODELS 94th Pursuit Squadron Peashooter. The models left the factory and are arriving in Mid/Late September! Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive an aircraft from this container shipment. The next shipment won’t be until mid December 2020, so order now to avoid disappointment!
- In order to reserve your SEAGULL MODELS Olive Green Peashooter your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
Boeing’s first and last all-metal monoplane fighter produced for the US Army Air Corps. was the P-26. Known as the ‘Peashooter’ there were 111 P-26As produced. The wings were braced with wire instead of wooden struts and this reduced drag and along with a 500 hp engine the aircraft was much faster than the older bi-planes. The mono-wing also meant a higher landing speed so flaps had to be added to slow the aircraft down. It had fixed landing gear and an open cockpit with just a windscreen to protect the pilot.
The first USAAC P-26As arrived in early 1934 with some being assigned to the 1st Pursuit Group at Selfridge Field Michigan of which the 94th Pursuit Squadron was part. During WWI the squadron was called the 94th Aero Squadron ‘Hat In The Ring’ with Ed Rickenbacker as a member. In 1919 they became the 94th PS and presently are known as the 94th FS. The P-26 was replaced by the P-35 and P-36 and had been withdrawn from regular service use by the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor. LEGEND HOBBY brings you this special edition SEAGULL MODELS 94th Pursuit Squadron P-26A Peashooter for your modeling enjoyment! Note some images are of the plastic model to show what completed Seagull Model will resemble. Decals Included with Seagull Model. Blue P-26A Peashooter also available.
Wingspan …………………………….. 71.0 in (180.0 cm)
Wing area ……………………………. 965.7 sq.in (62.3 sq.dm)
Approximate flying weight ………. 13.7 – 14.1 lbs (6.2 – 6.4 kg)
Length ………………………………… 62.2 in (158.0 cm)
Recommended engine size …….30cc gasoline engine
Radio system required 6 channels with 8 servos.
Flying skill level intermediate/advanced.
ITEM CODE: SEA305G
– High quality balsa and balsa plywood, these make light weight construction
– Eye catching scale colour scheme
– Two-piece, plug-in wing with functional flaps which is easy and quick to assemble
– Covered in genuine oraccover film covering
– Pre-cutting scale decal sheet
– Factory painted fiberglass engine cowl and wheel paints
– Fully detailed, factory painted cockpit and pilot figure
– All necessary hardware and accessories included
– Electric power conversion included
– The flaps to reduce landing speeds and fixed undercarriage and an extemally braced wing
– The fuselage is well designed, and the firewall is strong enough to handle just about any engine you choose; it has hard points installed in it for the upper flying wires
– With its large, round cowl, the peashooter just begs to have a nice-looking radiak enghine
– P-26 peashooter comes with a very nice decal package so that you can finish the plane to look like the one on the box cover
– The flying wires add a nice touch, and they are needed on the bottom of the wing to support the landing gear cuffs
Download Instruction Manual:
What would you like to know about this product?