SEAGULL MODELS SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE 86″ BATTLE OF BRITAIN EDITION – SEA260BoB
Frequently Bought Together
BATTLE OF BRITAIN ANNIVERSARY EDITION!
SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE 55cc – SEA260BoB
In late 1943 Spitfires powered by Rolls-Royce Griffon engines developing as much as 2,050 horsepower began entering service. Capable of top speeds of 440 miles (710 km) per hour and ceilings of 40,000 feet (12,200 metres), these were used to shoot down V-1 “buzz bombs.” During World War II, Spitfires were exported in small numbers to Portugal, Turkey, and the Soviet Union, and they were flown by the U.S. Army Air Forces in Europe. When production ceased in 1947, 20,334 Spitfires of all versions had been produced, 2,053 of them Griffon-powered versions. Fighter versions of the Spitfire were dropped from RAF service during the early 1950s, while photo-reconnaissance Spitfires continued in service until 1954.
Wing are …… 1325.3sq.in ….. 85.5 sq.dm.
Approximate flying weight ….. 17.6-18.1lbs …. 8-8.2kg.
Length ……. 72in ……. 183cm.
Recommended engine size ….. 50cc-55cc.
ELECTRIC CONVERSION: OPTIONAL.
Radio system required 6 channels with 10 servos.
Flying skill level intermediate/advanced.
* High quality balsa and balsa plywood, these make light weight construction and with airfoiled tail surfaces
* Flat-finish in Monokote and Oracover covering with accurate Battle Of Britain scale color scheme.
* Operational split-flaps with internal linkages for scale performance and appearance
* Accurate representation of the scale outline
* Cowl details include carburetor intake, air intake and engine exhaust
* Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly
* Removable top-hatch provides access and power switches
* All necessary hardware included for either glow or electric power system
* Fantastic looks and Awesome performance
* Delivers strong sport performance using gasoline engine power and Electric Power conversion.Model # SEA260
What would you like to know about this product?