SEAGULL MODELS WESTLAND LYSANDER III (R9125) 118″ MODEL 35cc-60cc SEA216N
Frequently Bought Together
- This item: SEAGULL MODELS WESTLAND LYSANDER III (R9125) 118" MODEL 35cc-60cc SEA216N($899.95)
- EME 60 AS (with AUTO START)($459.00)
- Hitec D645MW Wide Voltage Super Torque Digital Metal Gear Servo(
- Hitec HS-645MG High Torque Metal Gear Servo(
- Holy Smokes Gen2 Smoke System($229.00)
- RCGF 40cc T Stinger(
- Smokin' Okie - Smoke Injector Nozzles($30.00)
- Sullivan SkyWriter Smoke Pump - S753($157.95)
SEAGULL MODELS WESTLAND LYSANDER III R9125 118″ MODEL 35cc-60cc SEA216N
Pre-Order / Reservation Details – Please read this information carefully before pre-ordering:
- We are accepting pre-orders for the SEAGULL MODELS WESTLAND LYSANDER 118″ MODEL 35-60cc SEA216N. The models are scheduled to arrive by end of February 2023! Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
- This is a high demand product, so we strongly recommend pre-ordering if you wish to receive an aircraft from this container shipment. The next shipment won’t leave factory until Summer 2023, so order now to avoid disappointment!
- In order to reserve your SEAGULL MODELS WESTLAND LYSANDER III R9125 118″ MODEL 35-60cc SEA216N your payment will be processed at the time your pre-order is placed.
Wingspan: 118.0 in (2997 mm)
Wing Area: 1471 sq.in (94.9 dm²)
Weight: 22lbs (10 kg)
Length: 70.4 in (1788 mm)
Engine/Motor size: 35-60cc Gas or equivalent electric (Saito FG60-R3 fits nicely too)
Radio Requirements: 6 Channel with (8) Standard-size, digital, high torque, metal gear servos (Hitec HS-5645MG)
ITEM CODE : SEA216
- Lightweight, high quality balsa and plywood construction.
- Aluminium airfoil wing struts
- Eye catching scale colour scheme.
- Covered in genuine matt finish Oracover film.
- Factory painted fibreglass engine cowl and wheel spats with LED Light
- Detailed cockpit with lightweight painted pilot figure.
- Forward cockpit hatch for easy radio and flight battery access.
- Superb flying characteristics.
- Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly.
- Full hardware pack included for either glow or electric power.
Even at the time of its maiden flight in 1936 Westland’s answer to the the 1934 Air Ministry specification that called for an army co-operation and liaison aircraft was, to be honest, looking rather dated. Even so, with its fully automatic wing slots, slotted flaps and variable incidence tailplane the Lysander was aerodynamically advanced, offering its pilots a stall speed of just 65mph and an enviable STOL capability. So it was, then, that the Lysander beat Bristol’s Type 148, won the contract, and entered the popular annals of history. Rugged, gull-winged, bespatted, and powered by Bristol Mercury radial, this ugly duckling of a warbird was destined only to endear itself to all who clapped eyes on it, and so it is with Seagull’s carefully considered 50cc facsimile. It’s a beauty!
Presented in the eye-catching colour scheme of LX-L, a Lysander III housed at Hendon’s Royal Air Force Museum, this 118” span high quality balsa / ply ARTF comes factory covered in genuine matt finish Oracover film and features a detailed cockpit, two piece plug-in wings (to simplify transport and assembly) and, crucially, all the necessary hardware for either glow or electric power.
Take it from us, this model flies in a wonderful scale fashion and will happily cruise around performing gentle circuits and bumps all day long. Add flap, dial in a little elevator compensation, and the STOL characteristics of the full-size really come to the fore. All-in-all a gentlemanly aeroplane in every sense but with the benefit of coordinated aileron / rudder turns to keep it real and maintain the challenge.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered fuselage.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered wing set.
- 1 x Factory assembled and covered tail set.
- 1 x Clear canopy moulding.
- 1 x Pilot figure.
- 1 x Factory painted glass fibre cowl.
- 1 x Airfoil shaped wing strut set.
- 1 x Wheel spat set.
- 1 x Comprehensive hardware pack (screws, horns, pushrods, fuel tank etc.).
- 1 x Sprung / steerable tail wheel unit.
- 1 x Durable aluminium undercarriage unit.
- 1 x Instruction manual Westland Lysander (download PDF)
What would you like to know about this product?