Out Of Stock
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
TOP RC MODEL SPITFIRE MKIV 81″
COMPOSITE SPITFIRE 81″ Warbird By TopRCModel
NOW FEATURES INVASION STRIPES!
ITEM # TOP-P0001A
Top RC Models introduces the US with their 81″ 1/5 scale Spitfire MKIV. This model is a stunning example of the Spitfire Canadian Johnny Johnson flew with the Royal Air Force in WWII. This Spitty is the first in a new line of Warbirds with game changing construction technology/fabrication.
The airframe is fabricated with full composite “Sandwich Technology” bringing the lightest airframe ever introduced in an 81″ composite SPITFIRE. The Fuselage weighs 3 lbs. the wings with aluminum tubes in them weighs 2 lbs. The entire airframe assembled with a 35cc gas engine and retracts will be less than 20 lbs. We estimate around 18-19 lbs. This new composite technology uses 45% less resin than it’s closest counterpart in the industry. The skin is rigid, strong, and can hold up to the performance of a strong 35cc or electric power plant. The model offers the following features:
1. Full Composite design using the new “Sandwich Composite” technology.
2. Plug in wings with aluminum tubes.
3. Full Cockpit installed
4. Top Hatch preinstalled and aligned
5. Electric Retracts with 1/2″ struts (Not Included, sold separately- We offer Sierra, Robart and TOP RC Brand Gear)
6. Scale Hinging pre aligned and installed (requires gluing)
7. Power plant choice; designed for 35cc engine or Electric Power Package.
8. 81″ Wingspan, 1/5 scale
9. Fiberglass Canopy framework with heavy plastic for the glass.
10. Correctly designed retract bays for better ground handling
11. 2 blade or 3 blade spinner available 4.25″ (not included,purchase separately)
What would you like to know about this product?