VQ GRUNAU BABY GLIDER 2.5M
VQ GRUNAU BABY GLIDER
The Schneider Grunau Baby (named for the town where Schneider’s factory was located – now Jeżów Sudecki in Poland) was a single-seat sailplane first built in Germany in 1931, with some 6,000 examples constructed in some 20 countries.
It was relatively easy to build from plans, it flew well, and the aircraft was strong enough to handle mild aerobatics and the occasional hard landing. When the Baby first appeared, it was accepted wisdom that the pilot should feel as much unimpeded airflow as possible, the better to sense rising and falling currents of air, temperature changes and the like. Number build total more than 6000.
VQ Grunau Baby Glider 2.5 Meter/ 100″ Wingspan Model
- Materials: Laser cut balsa and ply
- Wingspan: 100″ (2.5M)
- Weight: approx 3 lbs
- Optional Power System Boost 20
- Radio req: 4 channel / 4-5 servos
– All Balsa and lite-ply construction
– Fully covered in weathered detail
– Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
– Two piece wing with aluminium wing joiner
– Big battery hatch for Electric version
– Electric Motor mount
– Assembly instructions with stage photos
– Aluminium wing joiner
– Decals and all hardware
Does not include: radio gear/equipment, engine/motor, glue, general assembly supplies or silicone fuel line.
What would you like to know about this product?