F4U Corsair ARF | 50cc-60cc 87" | Seagull Models
The Corsair started as a USN requirement for a carrier aircraft that could perform with the best land based aircraft of its day. It was harnessed to a 2000hp Pratt and Whitney 2800 double wasp engine, which allowed it to exceed 400mph in level flight, becoming the first US production aircraft to do so. Other carrier aircraft of its time were considerably overbuilt to withstand the repeated stresses of carrier landings. Early carrier trials produced mediocre results, and the Navy released the aircraft for the Marine Corps who desperately needed a decent replacement for the obsolete F4F Wildcats. Two navy units were supplied with the Corsair, but one later gave its aircraft to the marines and the other (VF-12) was removed from its carrier, the USS Bunker Hill, but continued to operate from land bases in the Rabaul area.
The Marines were very happy with their new aircraft, and it saw combat from February 1943 on from bases in Guadalcanal and the Solomon Island chain, it became a very potent aircraft and produced its first ace by May of 1943, 2nd Lieutenant Kenneth A. Walsh, who ended the war with 21 kills.
SEAGULL MODELS 87″ CORSAIR ARF -SEA361
The Seagull Models F4U CORSAIR is a giant-scale masterpiece for 60cc power plants that delivers scale details worthy of being called competition grade. Its scale outline, impressive scale appearance featuring scale details like a full depth cockpit, hidden tail and flap control linkages, scale rib detail, scale 3-panel flaps, dummy radial engine, sliding canopy and so much more . The hardware package included is very high-quality and complete as possible! Drop tanks, rockets, aluminum wheels, scale prop spinner hub, and scale gear doors are just a few of the scale features included with this amazing Corsair! No matter the power system you favor, this Corsair’s large hatch will allow you easy access to both fuel and flight batteries alike! The highly pre-fabricated airframe and details means you can get to flying this magnificent warbird quickly.
***KINDLY NOTE THAT SEAGULL MODELS WILL OFFER A SLIGHTLY ENLARGED COWLING TO FIT THE Saito Engines FG-90R3 90cc 3-Cylinder Gasoline Radial Engine and the Stinger 70cc Twin Gas Engine for those customers who want to mount those engines fully cowled in *** Note Model in photos has a GP61 with stock wide muffler. An EME 60 with AutoStart or Stinger Pro 63 with wrap around mufflers will allow much more concealed fitting than the GP61 with stock wide muffler!
- -All Balsa/Plywood Construction
- -100% Laser cut wooden parts
- Fully Sheeted fuselage & Center Wing
- Convenient three-piece wing assembly and carbon fiber wing tube
- Pitot tube, guns and leading-edge stall strip details
- Functional three-panel flaps deploy using internal linkages
- Sliding clear canopy with painted frame and magnetic closure
- Full-depth cockpit and instrument panel included (pilot not included)
- -Fiberglass Cowling with cowl flap detail and fiberglass gear doors
- -Fully built up wings and tail covered with iron on film and airbrushed with a flat matte finish
- -Center Gull Wing Drop Tanks
- -Outer Wing Panel Rockets
- -Radial Engine Cover
- -Aluminum Prop Hub Included
- -LED Navigation Lights
- -Decals Included but not applied, allowing modeler to apply final markings as desired
- -Superb flying characteristics, plus an accurate scale outline
- – Also includes: aluminum wheels, servo trays, engine mount, fuel tank, decals and all hardware.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- –JP/Seagull Models Electric Retracts with functioning oleos are available!
- -Robart Mfg Pneumatic Retracts with functioning oleos are available!
- SCALE PILOT FIGURES AVAILABLE!
- ADD LEGEND HOBBY HD PAYLOAD RELEASE MECHANISMS TO DROP TANKS FOR ADDED REALISM!
- Wing Span: Approx 87″ /221 cm GIANT SCALE !!!
- Length: 64.8 inches / 164.6cm
- Wing Area 1421 sq.in / 91.7 sq.dm
- Flying Weight: Approx 29.5 lbs Depending On Set Up
- Radio: 12 channels 12 servos
- Engine: 50cc-60cc Gas Engine Or equivalent 4-stroke
- Electric Motor: 360/ 6000watt / ESC 160A-200A/ Lipo 12s /electric propeller 24×10-25×12
Looking for Replacement Parts?
Reach out to us via email to find out what parts are available. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about replacement or spare parts.