ZWX Bf-109F 73″FULL COMPOSITE WARBIRD
Bf-109F WARBIRD HISTORY:
The Bf 109F was widely considered to be the best basic variant of the 109 produced. Work began on the new version at the start of 1940, with pre-production models first appearing at the end of 1940. The best version, the F-4, appeared at the start of 1942. By the end of that year the 109F had been largely superseded by the 109G, a rather heavier, fast, but less manoeuvrable version of the fighter. Other changes included a change to the wing plan, where the clipped wing ends were replaced by rounded tips. The wing-mounted guns were abandoned as they weakened the wings, although provision was made to mount guns under the wings, which reduced the performance of the fighter.
The main change planned for the Bf 109F was a move to the DB 601E engine. The engine cowling was redesigned, producing a more symmetrical fighter. Combined with a larger airscrew spinner and shorter propeller blades the result was to increase the potential speed and manoeuvrability of the 109 quite considerably. Even before the correct engine was available, the new airframe provided a significant improvement on the 109E.
When the 109F appeared at the start of 1941 it proved itself to be more than equal to the Spitfire V. The only complaint most pilots had about the 109F was that is was under-armed. The R-1 field conversion was one attempt to solve this problem, which would remain until the MG 17s were replaced by two MG 131 13mm machine guns in the Bf 109 G-5/ G-6. Overall just over 2,000 109Fs were built (16% of the total) before this model was replaced by the 109G.
- -Fiberglass composite fuselage
- -Fiberglass Cowling
- -Full composite wings and tail and airbrushed with a flat finish
- -100% Laser cut wooden parts
- - Also includes: servo trays, engine mount, fuel tank, decals and hardware.
- Decals not applied so customer may apply final markings as desired.
- -Very basic Illustrated guide/manual included (recommend this model for advanced modelers only as manual is very sparse/basic and is not developed. Modelers with advanced assembly skills will have no problem assembling model.
- -ELECTRIC Retracts with functioning oleo struts, aluminum wheels and retractable tail gear are available!
- -SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS PENDING
- SCALE SPINNER COCKPIT KIT , RETRACTS, ALUMINUM WHEELS and PILOT FIGURE NOT INCLUDED BUT ARE AVAILABLE!
- Wing Span: Approx 73"
- Weight: approx 12-14 lbs depending on motor/engine and equipment selected
- Radio: 6 chnl. 8 Servos
- Engine: Gas Engine: 20cc-26cc, equivalent electric motor, or .91 to 1.50 4-cycle Or equivalent 2-cycle
* Does not include: retracts, spinner, radio, servos, engine/motor, glue, and silicone fuel line
Looking for Replacement Parts?
Reach out to us via email to find out what parts are available. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about replacement or spare parts.