ESM P-39 AIRACOBRA
ESM’s 80″ IMAA LEGAL P-39 AIRACOBRA , bring on a great Pursuit Fighter of WWII !!! HISTORY:
ESM is pleased to bring you a fine model of the Bell P-39 Airacobra. The P-39 was one of America’s first-line pursuit planes in December 1941. It made its initial flight in April 1939 at Wright Field and by the time of the Pearl Harbor attack, nearly 600 had been built. Its unique engine location behind the cockpit caused some pilot concern, but this proved to be no more of a hazard in a crash landing than with an engine located forward of the cockpit.
The Airacobra saw combat throughout the world, particularly in the Southwest Pacific, Mediterranean and Russian theaters. It’s engine was not equipped with a supercharger, the P-39 performed best below 17,000 feet altitude, and it often was used at lower altitudes for such missions as ground strafing. When P-39 production ended in August 1944, Bell had built 9,584 Airacobras, of which 4,773 had been allotted to the Soviet Union. Russian pilots particularly liked the cannon-armed P-39 for its ground attack capability. Other P-39s served French and British forces.
Now you too can own a beautiful scale reproduction of his aircraft!
- -All composite fuselage construction, with built up wings and surfaces.
- -All scale details molded into the fiberglass parts, including panel lines and rivets.
- -Factory painted to scale, and pre-applied decals, covered with clear coat. Wing Covering Material: Fabric Covered, painted, decals applied and clear coated. The aircraft has a beautiful flat, non-glossy finish. This is superior to glossy covering materials.
- -Functional flaps.
- -All hardware included (screws, rods, fuel tanks etc…)
- -ESM BRAND GEN4 ELECTRIC RETRACTS with oleo struts and alloy wheels available.
- -SIERRA, CJM RETRACTS AVAILABLE.
- SCALE SPINNER and SCALE WHEEL SET AVAILABLE.
- -Illustrated instruction manual included.
- TYS PLANES SCALE COCKPIT KIT , CLEAR UPGRADE CANOPY, PILOT FIGURES available
- Wing Span: Approx 80.3″
- Length: Approx 70.4″
- Weight: Approx 16.0 – 18 lbs Flying Weight
- Wing area: 78.5sq.dm (8.5sq.ft)
- Wing loading: 93g/sq.dm (30.5oz/sq.ft)
- Radio: 6 channel radio 8 servos
- Engine: 30CC gas or glow/electric equivalent
* Does not include: radio, retracts, motor, glue, and fuel line
What would you like to know about this product?